Tuesday, November 14, 2006

I'm Back, but with new Title!

Hi follks, I took an extended hiatus from my blog, but with good reason! I am no longer the hausfrau, but am now an employed working girl with prestigious position and high paying salary (well not really that last part). After sending out countless resumes for an entire year, going on meaningless interviews; I finally got one worthy response. But after an incredibly strange mixup, my position was assigned to someone else. So I took the last position available and now I am once again back educating the future of our world, or something like that.
I am working at a bilingual school and am the English kindergarten teacher. Having never before worked with this age group, I didn't know what really to expect. Boy oh boy, was I in for a suprise! My wonderful ideals and expectations have completely been tweaked to match a finer reality. I can honestly say the first 2 months of school were incredibly difficult FOR ME. Kids were always crying, almost like each one was trying to outdo the other. Crying over everything and anything, And it wasn't just a wimper, but those screechingly loud and seemingly uncontrollable sobs. But I persevered and now am seeing real progress. We are in new territory. They are really starting to understand the concept of school. Some of them are even speaking a bit of English. It's amazing to see this transformation! So, I'll keep you posted!

1 Comments:

Blogger swissmiss said...

Congratulations! I found you just before you disappeared, so glad to see you back.

12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home