Holy Cow!
So, here we are now. It's been a quite a change of well...everything. India, to me, is like watching a baby develop over time. There are many milestones, but even that takes time, acceptance, and so much patience. When my western mentality kicks in, I am reminded that India IS a developing country. It is an exciting time to be here, as we are in deed part of the development. But it's also sometimes frustrating, especially when there is such a gross mismatch between western and Indian expectations.
For example, who would think that when a workman says, "I'll be back in 30 minutes," he really means I'm leaving for the day and will return possibly the next but most likely in 2 days time.
And there's other times where you just have to laugh out loud. One of countless examples...we stayed in a 4 star hotel for the first month upon our arrival and the hotel had a pillow menu. I thought I'd take advantage of it, so I ordered the nighttime rejuvenation pillow. Here's what I got...
For example, who would think that when a workman says, "I'll be back in 30 minutes," he really means I'm leaving for the day and will return possibly the next but most likely in 2 days time.
And there's other times where you just have to laugh out loud. One of countless examples...we stayed in a 4 star hotel for the first month upon our arrival and the hotel had a pillow menu. I thought I'd take advantage of it, so I ordered the nighttime rejuvenation pillow. Here's what I got...


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home